A Clinical Assistant at CCFD, Taylor received her Dental Assistant Certification in October of 2014 from the Fortis Institute Dental Assistant program in Pensacola, Florida. Taylor is a busy, hard working, and has the ability to help others feel comfortable in her presence. These qualities make her a natural when it comes to patient care and service. In her free time, Taylor enjoys visiting her family and friends and soaking up the local culture of New Orleans.
When asked recently, “What would be your most important tip for your patients?,” Taylor shared the following:
“Don’t forget to clean your tongue! Clean the surface of your tongue daily. By using a professional tongue cleaner you remove countless bacteria that otherwise live, particularly on the rougher top surface of your tongue. These can contribute to bad breath (halitosis) and negatively affect your dental health.” ~ Taylor
Taylor and the entire team of professionals at Camellia City Family Dentistry would like to offer the following quick tips that you should always remember:
- Brush Properly
- Avoid Tobacco
- Limit Sodas, Coffee and Alcohol
- Consume Calcium and other Vitamins that are good for the body
- Schedule your cleanings with us at least twice a year (once every 6 months)
- Use Mouthwash along side brushing and flossing
- Make an appointment to see us if you are having a toothache or noticing other dental symptoms
- Look at the “Big Picture” Oral health is crucial to our “total health picture.”
- Don’t forget to CLEAN YOUR TONGUE!!
Stay tuned for more tips from Taylor!
Feel free to leave a comment below. If you would like to submit questions for our next blog post, please click here to submit the question.