Pam has extensive experience as a dental hygienist. After graduating from the University of Louisiana at Monroe with a Bachelor of Science degree in Dental Hygiene, Pam began working for Camellia City Family Dentistry at our Slidell office. She has 24 years of dental hygiene experience and has great advise to share for current and potential patients!
When asked recently, “What would be your most important tip for your patients?,” Pam shared the following:
“Don’t forget to floss! I know that it is a chore and a lot of times my patients may forget to floss after brushing. Especially if you are rushing out of the door or heading to bed. However, flossing can help you remove food particles and other detrimental substances that brushing regularly cannot. Flossing allows you to reach deep between your teeth where the toothbrush bristles cannot reach or even mouthwash cannot wash away. We recommend flossing at least once a day.” ~ Pam
Pam has many more tips and a vast knowledge of certain dental conditions and treatments. Stay tuned for more from Pam on more of the following topics. Meanwhile, we will leave you with a few more quick tips from Pam.
- Brush Properly
- Avoid Tobacco
- Limit Sodas, Coffee and Alcohol
- Consume Calcium and other Vitamins that are good for the body
- Schedule your dental cleaning with us at least twice a year (once every 6 months)
- Use Mouthwash along side brushing and flossing
- Make an appointment to see us if you are having a toothache or noticing other dental symptoms
- Look at the “Big Picture” Oral health is crucial to our “total health picture.”
- Don’t forget to CLEAN YOUR TONGUE!!
Feel free to leave a comment below. If you would like to submit questions for our next blog post, please click here to submit the question.