Dawn has been a hygienist with CCFD since 2009. She is a graduate of East Tennessee State University and earned her BS in Dental Hygiene in 2001. She and her husband, Brian, are both active in the community and stay busy raising their 2 children. Dawn also enjoys shopping & traveling whenever she can.
When asked recently, “What would be your most important tip for your patients?,” Dawn shared the following:
“Don’t forget to look at the bigger picture. Everyone understands that you should take care of your teeth to avoid toothaches, maintain your looks and keep dental bills at bay. Many people, however, don’t understand how crucial oral health is to our total health picture. Tooth problems can lead to diabetes, heart disease, systemic infections, an inability to eat or speak properly and other maladies – some life-threatening. Crooked or crowded teeth can contribute to gum disease that can eventually lead to tooth loss. Straight teeth are no longer just for looks.” ~ Dawn
Dawn has many more tips and a vast knowledge of certain dental conditions and treatments. Stay tuned for more from Dawn on more of the following topics. Meanwhile, we will leave you with a few more quick tips from Dawn and the entire staff at Camellia City Family Dentistry.
- Brush Properly
- Avoid Tobacco
- Limit Sodas, Coffee and Alcohol
- Consume Calcium and other Vitamins that are good for the body
- Schedule your cleanings with us at least twice a year (once every 6 months)
- Use Mouthwash along side brushing and flossing
- Make an appointment to see us if you are having a toothache or noticing other dental symptoms
- Look at the “Big Picture” Oral health is crucial to our “total health picture.”
- Don’t forget to CLEAN YOUR TONGUE!!